Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What is Love?

Love is patient,Love is kind.
It does not envy,it does not boast,
It is not proud. It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no records of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,always trusts,
Always hopes,always perseveres.
Love never fails.

When I was a child, I talked like a child,
I thought like a child, I respond like a child.
When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in mirror, then we shall see face to face.
Now i know in part; then i shall know fully,
Even as i am fully known.
And know these three remains: Faith, Hope and Love.
But the greatest of these is Love.
Adapted from : 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
If you peeps were to notice, the first part of the phrase can be found in my friendster profile. I've been putting it there for years but guess not everyone noticed it. I first came across this during a wedding ceremony of a relative of mine, which is also the first time i've ever attended a wedding ceremony in a church. I simply love this phrase so i started to look for it. It's actually a chapter found in the bible, but sadly i can only found the first part of it.
Recently, fatty was back in KL for her 2 weeks holidays and she had borrow a vcd from her friend with the title : A Walk to Remember. I desperately wanted to watch it back in the time the movie was shown in the cinema but guess the one i'm asking to is not intested in those sappy love story. So the only thing i can do is to download the songs in the OST. The songs sooth my soul and the one i love very much was "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore. In the movie, this scripture was being read during their wedding ceremony and it's very touching as the bride was seriously sick yet the groom still wanted to marry her.
After watching the movie, the urge to complete the chapter started to grow in me and i've ask for the help of my cousemate who is a christian. Thanks Jonathan for helping me to complete the chapter. It definately feels great to complete it.
I would like to make myself clear here, i'm not a christian myself. Thou i like to listen to christian bands alot and also the phrase I put in my friendster had made some of them misunderstand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home